Sucheta is passionate about educating young readers about the world and sharing her own personal stories from her travels. Invite her to classrooms, libraries and bookstores for writing workshops, story time and book signings. Sucheta has inspired kids ages K-12, college students and adults to write, travel and give back to the community.
Additionally, Sucheta has given keynote addresses and motivational speeches at conferences, graduation ceremonies, corporate lunch and learn programs, awards receptions, leadership groups, food festivals, cooking expos, travel shows, study abroad programs and more. She has spoken in Italy, South Korea, India and across the US. Sucheta was featured as one of the four authors from USA at BookFest 2018 in Bucharest, Romania.
Past Author Visits
- Barnes & Noble Booksellers (NY, GA),
- Hills & Hamlets Bookshop (Serenbe, GA),
- Little Shop of Stories (Decatur, GA),
- Posman Books (Atlanta, GA),
- Little Professor Bookstore (Birmingham, AL).
- Brandon Hall (Sandy Springs, GA),
- Ivy Creek Elementary (Buford, GA),
- Kennesaw State University (Kennesaw, GA),
- Oakwood Adventist Academy (Huntsville, AL),
- Sarah Smith Elementary School (Atlanta, GA),
- Sanders Elementary School (Austell, GA),
- National Children’s Library of Moldova (Chisinau, Moldova),
- Gwinnett County Super Readers (Gwinnett, GA),
- Buckhead Library (Atlanta, GA),
- Georgia Library Media Association (Peachtree City, GA),
- All About Kids Expo (Gwinnett, GA),
- BookFest Bucharest (Romania),
- Decatur Book Festival (Decatur, GA),
- International Festival of Northern Alabama (Huntsville, AL),
- JapanFest (Atlanta, GA),
- New York Times Travel Show (New York City, NY),
- New York Travel Festival (New York City,
- SCBWI Spring Mingle,
- KSU Conference on Literature for Children and Young Adults (Kennesaw, GA).
- Consulate of Brazil (Atlanta, GA),
- Delta Aviation Museum (Atlanta, GA),
- Global Ties (Huntsville, AL),
- Gwinnett Literacy Institute (Buford, GA),
- Rotary Club (Marietta, GA),
- Harvard Club of Atlanta (Atlanta, GA),
- Rotary Club (Huntsville, AL),
- Tomadachi Japanese Club (Sandy Springs, GA),
Kelly Lecture McCluskey
Linda Nelums, Parent Facilitator
Chantel Bailey-Callender, K-8 Vice Principal
AUTHOR VISIT PROGRAMS FOR K-7:
15 mins – Skype: Video call
45 minutes – Elementary Schools:
I read one of my picture books and show the images. Then, I talk about how I got inspired to write books, and show photos of the main character (my real-life cat, Beato), other characters (Ruso the dog), and illustrations from the book (which are based on my own travels). Kids get excited to see the parallels between Beato and myself, as we ride a chopper and see a humpback whale.
With younger kids, I also talk about different aspects of a book, introducing them to what is an author and illustrator, genre, cover, publisher, etc.
1 hour – Middle School:
2+ hours – Writing Workshops:
High School and College Students:
Parents and Teachers:
Visit Sucheta’s website for more information about author visits, speaking engagements, and view speaker profile on SCBWI website.